Saturday 21 August 2010

Treating my wrists to a little luxury

I spend an obscene amount of time on the computer. Not obscene compared with the average Canadian, but obscene compared to how much time I spend on other chores or tasks: cooking, cleaning, reading to my daughter, creating new products, etc, etc, etc.

So I decided that maybe it was time that my aching wrists deserved a little bit of a treat. So, while I was cutting out material today to get ready for the upcoming charity golf tournament that Lavender Breeze is attending, I cut out a couple of samplers to test them out. Using bamboo velour, I created lavender wrist rests for while I am typing. I have to say, I am quite pleased with the result. The velour is really nice in the freezer or in the microwave, and I have to say, it really takes the pressure off of the wrists while typing.

I grew up playing the piano, and even now, I feel my old piano teacher's eyes on me, telling me to "Keep those wrists up!" whether I'm playing the piano or typing at the computer, so being able to just relax them on a soft velour rest really gives me something to enjoy.

My little brother is a computer programmer, so I think I'll give him the other one to try out and see what he thinks before adding this to our repertoire, but I think this is a keeper. I think anything that can make me relax while on the computer for too many hours of the day, is a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment