Wednesday 8 June 2011

Lavender Sleep Stones

Spring cleaning had begun, and my 3 year old had stopped sleeping. Whether or not these two things were related, I don't know, but I was exhausted, and she wasn't sleeping. Something had to be done.

Every night she was climbing into our bed, two, three, even four times in a night, where we would leave her until she started kicking in her sleep or pushing one of us out of bed. With the lack of sleep, everyone was on edge.

When the lavender essential oils arrived from France, I found the needed stone to make my first sleep stone. For, as every parent knows, the expression "to sleep like a baby", doesn't always mean that babies or toddlers sleep soundly through the night.

Parents also know that if children sleep well, parents are more likely to be able to sleep.

I made two sleep stones to start - one for my little one's room, and one for my own, and the sound sleep we all had that night was a dream come true.

It is now three nights that she has stayed in bed, and everyone in the house is happier and less on edge.

Conclusion? The sleep stones are a success, and we will have them on our website very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment